Recipe: Bacon and Cauliflower Frittata


This recipe came about after I had promised to bring a quiche to a friend's baby shower. Without having a working oven. Yeah. Kind of hard to make a quiche without an oven. This is what I made instead.

I had only ever made one frittata before this and didn't really know what I was doing. The first go round--the one that was served to all the unsuspecting guests at the shower-- wasn't nearly as good as the second that I made for Brian and I later that night for dinner.

This recipe is easy, fast and delicious. I also really like that it tastes good cold the next morning. As a person who is frightened of microwaves and has a four-month old, quick, tasty, nutritious breakfasts are a plus. Enjoy!

You Will Need:

1 1/2 cups pieces of nitrate-free bacon cut in 1/4 in. slices (I used bacon ends)
2 1/2 cups diced cauliflower (I used 'cheddar' cauliflower)
10 eggs (pastured and/or organic preferred)
1 organic medium tomato, thinly sliced (optional)
Sprinkle of dried chives (optional)

To start, place bacon in a medium cast iron pan on the stove over medium heat. Heat for 2-3 minutes before adding the diced cauliflower.


While that is cooking crack ten eggs into a bowl.  Stir together yolks and whites until thoroughly mixed.


When bacon begins to crisp and cauliflower is cooked, remove from pan and place in a separate bowl. In the pan just used for cooking bacon and cauliflower pour egg mixture. Allow to rest for 10 seconds before adding bacon and cauliflower back in. (Optional: Top with thinly sliced tomatoes and a sprinkle of dried chives.)


Allow to cook, covered, until egg sets in the center (approximately 20 minutes). Cut into quarters and serve with a tall glass of raw milk. So. Good. Enjoy!


And do all this while the baby is sleeping, of course. 


(Don't forget to check out our OCTOBER GIVEAWAY!)




15 comments:

  1. I've been experimenting with different ways to use cauliflower. This looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rogene! I love cauliflower. What are some ways you enjoy preparing it?

      Delete
  2. Love your blog. Very nice. This recipe looks fantastic. Cannot wait to try this recipe. Please visit us. We would love to have you and we are having a great giveaway this week. Register to win - it is under the Televenge post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carolina! Glad you stopped in. Let me know if you try it and if you like it ;) Thanks for alerting me to Carolina HeartStrings. Love it.

      Delete
  3. Your little baby is just precious! I love the combination of the Bacon and Cauliflower for your frittata, it looks delicious. Hope you are having a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Helen. We like her, too! :) Thanks for stopping in!

      Delete
  4. Aww, that is the cutest sleeping baby! What a great way to end a post! I love how you made your frittata without baking it in the oven. Great!! Thanks for sharing at Foodtastic Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks absolutely delicious! Thanks for the recipe, I am pinning! Visiting from the Sunday Funday blog hop! Have a great day!
    Rebecca
    www.heronscrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rebecca! Going to go stalk your blog now... ;)

      Delete
  6. What a gorgeous photograph of your little one!

    Your bacon and cauliflower frittata sounds delicious, and I like all the wholesome ingredients in it as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, April! We like her, too :) Wholesome, real food-ers unite!

      Delete
  7. I adore cauliflower but I've never had it with eggs. This looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so good! I wish I has califlower right now. :( Thanks for sharing with Simple Meals Friday! I hope you come again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jacquelyn,

    Would you mind if I included this in a Cauliflower Recipe Roundup I'm doing on my blog? I love this! It looks so yummy :) Let me know how that sounds, thanks!

    Rachel
    This Organic Life
    www.thisoriginalorganiclife.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me oh so happy! Feel free to comment away. I'd love to hear what's on your mind