Recipe: Scrumptious Blueberry Muffins

Scrumptious Blueberry Muffins

Can I just say that I am thrilled to have a working oven again??? After honey peanut butter cookies this recipe was the first thing I made. They are so stinking good. Like cookies. Like hot chocolate on a blustery fall day. Like Christmas in muffin form. Delicious, ease to make, wholesome, not to sweet, moist, yumm!

You Will Need:

2 cups whole wheat flour (I used pastry)
1.5 cups whole milk yogurt
1/4 cup honey
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp Celtic sea salt
3/4 cup blueberries (or... be creative!)

The night before you want to eat these delicious muffins, mix the flour and yogurt together thoroughly. Allow to soak overnight. The probiotics in the yogurt will "predigest" the flour--making it easier for you to absorb the nutrients, as well as making the muffins moist. 

The next morning preheat oven to 375 degrees. Add in the remaining ingredients except blueberries. Mix thoroughly. Add in blueberries. Stir to spread evenly. Place in buttered muffin tins. (Makes 12 normal size muffins--I like BIG muffins so I made eight...)

Bake for 15-20 min or until golden brown on top and an inserted knife comes out clean.

Enjoy with a tall glass of raw milk!


(Warning: These are So. Good. You will not want to eat just one.)

This post featured on: KeepItReal, SimpleLives, CreativeJuice, LinkItUp, RuralThursday, CleverChicksBlogHop

12 comments:

  1. Oh I just took date muffins out of the oven but I will be making these tomorrow they sound and look delicious. B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm.... date muffins That sounds wonderful, too!

      Delete
  2. Baking these in my little RV oven here in Mexico this morning. No blueberries so I'm using dried cranberries and added grated orange zest and a little vanilla. My oven is miniature and seems to be about 50-75 degrees off so I'm working on figuring it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! How did they turn out? I want to try that combination. Sounds so good.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Nancy! Hope you are having a great week!

      Delete
  4. You muffins look a lot prettier than mine! :) I'm going to try yours to see what I might br doing different. I think the main thing is I use hard red wheat. We shall see.... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how it goes! I have never worked with hard red wheat before... Is that all you have available where you are?

      Delete
    2. I have soft white wheat as well. I just started buying it this year.

      Delete
  5. Hi Jacquelyn, I'm Connie at http://hotflashncraftn.blogspot.com/, a new GFC friend. I hope you will stop by and be mine, too.
    These look awesome. Thank you sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Connie! Thanks for stopping in. Going to go stalk your blog now... :-)

      Delete
  6. I just mixed up my dough to make these for my kiddos tomorrow. I am new to soaking grains for bread...and I know this post is old (but, I just found it). My dough is VERY thick, like bread dough, not like muffin dough, is this normal? Also, do I store my dough in the fridge overnight? Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me oh so happy! Feel free to comment away. I'd love to hear what's on your mind