Pregnancy Musts: Books and Films



I read a lot of books when I was pregnant. As one friend described it, "It's like having nine months to study for the biggest exam of your life." I wanted to learn and know all I could. Of course, now looking back I realize that no amount of book reading could actually prepare me for what being a mother was like. But, it certainly didn't hurt.


Here is a list of my favorite books and films. Hopefully some day I will go back through and write a review of each and every one and why they were so important to me. But for now, I hope you will enjoy the list.

Click on an image to read more.

Books


  
  
     


Midwife Biographies


 

Films


 
 

Did you read/watch any of these? What are some of your favorite books on pregnancy/birth?

Happy reading!

2 comments:

  1. I bought a copy of BoBB to show my family and anyone else who'll watch it. :) And Ina May's Guide To Childbirth was the ONLY book I read cover to cover when I was pregnant. It allowed me to be fully prepared mentally for what was coming, so there was no fear present during my hospital, midwife-attended, natural water birth. The small section on "sphincter law" was priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your list -I've read them all and really enjoyed each one.
    But also you should put "The Business of Being Born 2" on the list or watch it if you haven't! It compliments the first one with even more helpful information and stories of birth from influential women.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me oh so happy! Feel free to comment away. I'd love to hear what's on your mind